Some times when I check out a game’s blog, I am curious as to the tools used. So I thought I would do this for my site.
- Linode (Referral Link): This is what I use to host my website and potentially a server for games in the future. It’s a virtual linux server. It is real easy to use and gives you some OS choices and total flexibility in what you want to install.
- WordPress: The site is done using WordPress.
Tug of Four:
- VS 2010 Express: Necessary for XNA
- XNA 4.0: Needed to put the game out on the XBLIG section. I enjoyed using this library, if I make a Windows game, I will probably use this.
- Musopen: Great site for public domain music.
- pdsounds: Good site for public domain sound effects.
- Open Clip Art Library: Another public domain site. This one has clip art.
- psdGraphics: I bought a couple backgrounds from here. They were only $4 each and look really good.